Tuesday, November 11, 2014

1st Addition Sports Tuesday



Here is my first addition concerning my blog going into the second year just writing about sports. I am not sure how I got interested in sports but I have for most of my life. I am not sure even when I first started. It has always been that way. It is somewhat amazing because my dad was not interested in sports except sailing. He did do a lot of sailing over the years including many races. He started sailing at a very young age.

What I hope is that I will write my blog about sports in a different way than most. I know that there are a lot of sport blogs out on the internet. I know that many of them written by sport columnists, and newspapers. Also, each sport team has their own blogs as well. If other cities like Seattle there are other people who write blogs as well. I hope you are able to enjoy mine as well as many others.

When I was in elementary I had a problem reading so my parents got me a subscription to Sports Illustrated. They knew I was interested in sports and for me to read better this was a good idea.

I played some baseball, basketball, and tennis. There was not really any organized football except the Punt, Pass, and Kick contest every year so at the neighborhood park we played sandlot football. Most of the guys playing the football were the same ones that I played on my Little League baseball team. Of course, like so many other boys I purchased baseball cards. I traded some of the cards with my friends. It was important to trade duplicates to get cards that I did not have.

Back in those days there were about half the professional teams than there are now. I would watch the baseball game of the week on Saturdays. I would listen to minor league baseball games throughout the week on the radio since we did not have a major league team at the time. Most of my classmates thought I was the expert on baseball since I could name all the players on the major league ball clubs. Of course, it is a lot harder to do since there are many more teams, and players move more often as well.

Mostly I will write about baseball and football. I will throw in some basketball here and there as well. Since we no longer have a NBA team in Seattle I will write on the national level. Baseball and football will mostly be about the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners though I will write on national things as well depending what is going on.


Besides the teams themselves I will like to write about individual players as well. Anyway I will write next on sports this coming Thursday. Continue seeing my regular blog the rest of my time. Have yourself a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment