Friday, November 14, 2014

Being Alone



On Wednesday when I was out for my daily walk I started to thinking about being alone. Of course, I was a lone at the time. I did not have a walking partner to talk to, however, I did see other people during the walk.

The thing about being alone is that we can feel bad or sad, or we may have a good time. What I am saying here is that there are times when it is good to be alone. It is important when we have been busy, and we need to get off by ourselves to relax, and have very good thoughts. Feeling bad or sad is when we feel alone for a period of time. Maybe we do not have friends that we can talk too. I have gone through this many a time. The answer to this dilemma is to stop thinking about ourselves in a negative way, and start thinking about the blessings we do have. I am not saying this because it is easy I can say by life long experience it is not easy. I believe we have some darkness in our lives that lead to some level of depression, and we must allow those times to pass by.

When I was a kid I had some friends but I was bullied at times as well. During those times I did feel a bit of being alone. In fact, I would cry myself to sleep. Though the times did not feel good I now look back, and I feel the time gave me strength to live by. I believe there are some adults who are either spoiled or immature because they did not go through the experience. I am a strong person now because of my child experiences though I do still go through times of loneliness.

I believe that there are times of loneliness when you are not alone. What I mean is that there are those that experience loneliness while being in a group of others. I experience that sometimes when I am in a large group. I do not feel that way as much when I am with mainly friends. Also, I do not feel that way when I am in a small group.

Other ways you may feel alone has to do with your heart. Maybe your spouse or partner does not feel the same way about you anymore or you do not feel the same for them. The thing about love is that there is more to it than a feeling. Being in love is a choice. It is possible though you and your partner no longer in love but you still consider each other as close friends. It is then that you choose to stick together as partners. You know that if you decided to split up with your partner you will feel alone. Other words your life could be better despite the lack of love. You enjoy the time spent together.

Another heartache or loneliness could be that you love someone and you know that they do not love you in return. This could be other way as well where they love you though you do not love them. In either case you may need to choose to be friends.


I hope that this helps you, and you will feel better in those times of loneliness. Have yourself a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment