Monday, November 17, 2014

When



I believe when the second most common question next to why. Of course it may depend on the situation for either when or why. In some cases they would go together.

I believe the main situation they go together has to do with marriage. I have been waiting a long time so why I am not married yet, and when will it happen.  I have likely said why over and over again for many years, and I have said when on many occasions as well. I have had people ask me why I am not married. This comes with another question which is if I knew who I am marrying it would be much easier. I think who is as difficult an answer for marriage as in the baseball skit by Abbott and Costello “Who on first?” Of course, if I knew who then in baseball terms she would not be on first, and we would be sliding home safe. The next time someone ask me why I am not married I will ask them who do you think I should marry? Maybe they will give me an answer I would like.

When you are young choosing the person to marry yourself sounds like the right thing. Now at my age arranged marriage by your parents sounds pretty good. Of course, you may think it is wrong but since choosing the person myself hasn't worked maybe the arranged marriage would have been the way to go. You may think that they may not choose the right person. This is a very good possibility; however, they may be able to choose her better than me. Also, the best thing is that I am married not single. You may ask what if your marriage turns out to be bad. My answer would be it could turn out that way if I chose as well. Neither has happened so far which means I have to keep looking and choose for myself.

I am sure there are other situations where both when and why go together. If you are in poor health you likely ask why it has happened to me, and when will it be over. Also, I think why comes along a lot when we are depressed. In fact likely it is the question why we are depressed.

I say all this usually this time of the year. The holiday season can bring up the questions over and over again. For me the only thing I can do is think positive, and hope for the very best. When you’re single it is easy to be depressed this time of the year because everything about the holiday season is about family. If you are married, and have children you may not understand. I do have family with my mother, brother, and sister. The thing is that my brother and sister are away off. Even if they were not it is not still the same. I believe there is nothing like marriage and children. It is the top of my list. If I did not care so much it would be much easier not to be alone.


So what I do to make sure my life does not go insane (just kidding) is to enjoy other families and children. I make the best of a situation I would rather not be in. Of course, if or when I do get married I believe she will be the best of my world. She will be treated like a queen. If she has children then they will be treated like princes and princesses. If you are single like me all I can really say is to make the best out of a tough situation. If you are looking for answers for when and why or other questions I hope you find them. If you need help please find a friend  that you trust, and they may have the wisdom to get the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment