Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wonderful November



This month started out like most November’s being wet, however, the last ten days has been wonderful with sun. The weather is expected to start raining tomorrow and we expect a wet Thanksgiving here in the northwest.

These ten days the only reason to know it is November is being cold and the wind. What I like is the heavy wind actually only last the first couple days of this nice weather. Some people lost their electricity during the period. I was lucky that where I live the power lines are underground so losing electricity will be harder to do. I heard farther north near Seattle some people not only lost electricity they had trees land on their houses. In fact one gentleman had a tree land in his room where he was on his computer. Obviously that has to be quite an experience. I am sure it will take some time for him to get the room back in order.

I thought it being quite unusual to have wind and sun coming together at the same time. I do not remember it ever happening before here in the northwest. Of course, I could be wrong since my memory is not always correct. Since I try to walk every day I had to dress for the occasion. The wind blows harder in downtown Gig Harbor than it does where I live. So I have to adjust when I walk around the harbor. I walk in different areas as often as I can so I can keep the walking more interesting instead of being bored. I see that some people walk the same places all the time. I really enjoy walking different places to enjoy the scenery besides being routine.

The nice thing about living around here is that the rain normally is not hard, and usually there are times during the day when it does not rain so can get in the walking. The next week it is supposed to rain a lot but I do expect the times when there will be a break. I hope that the wind does not blow hard but I would not be surprised if it does.

What I like nice though there are places to go when it is raining, and spend the time indoors. If you are into arts and crafts there are many places in the area to check them out. Also, in Gig Harbor there is the history museum. If I finish those places I can always go to the Pt. Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. There are plenty of coffee shops to visit as well, and see people you know. I am not a big coffee drinker so I drink more lattes and tea. When it comes to shopping I am not big on it other than seeing people. Whatever I enjoy doing people have to be involved.


I look forward the remaining time of the sun, and I hope it does come out  some during the remaining of November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment