Thursday, November 20, 2014

Looking at Sports From Outside



I think I will write about sports from outside as a fan. I hope each of you will enjoy my prospective as a fan. Some fans are more into the sport they enjoy than others do. I believe I am more knowledgeable than the average fan but I do know that there are others who may even know more than I do.

 I enjoy reading some about the sports that I enjoy. Usually what I do is skipping through the sport stories like I do about the news. I will read more about the story if I want to know more about it. I can say the knowledge I have about sports I do not always have to read about it. Of course, it depends how much of the event I actually watched.

I know some fans enjoy watching the pregame shows on television but I usually do not watch because I figure I know a lot of what they are talking about. I am not trying to say I am expert but I feel like enjoying other things in life.
I enjoy listening to sports radio sometimes as well. I mainly want to know what is going on as far as sports news. In other words who may be injured and can’t play in the game or who may get traded. Also, I really the entertainment value as well. What I dislike about sports radio is when they continue to talk about the same thing over and over again. Another thing I enjoy is when they interview players. I enjoy learning about players such as whether they have a sense of humor or not.

Today I heard a national reporter discussing Billy Butler being signed by the Oakland A’s. Being a fan of the Seattle Mariners I can say not another player that goes to a team in the same division instead of the Mariners. The Mariners have been interested in Billy Butler for a couple years, and why did they not sign him. The national reporter mentioned that the Mariners are like the Kansas City Royals where they can use speed instead of a slow player. I believe the Mariners do need speed as well as power at first base and in the outfield. What I believe the Mariners need most are players that hit a lot of doubles. Though the Mariners moved in the fences at Safeco Field it is still not a home run park for right handed hitters. If you are a left handed hitter you are likely going hit more home runs. Hitting home runs into right field bleachers is more common at Safeco field.

What I really liked about Robinson Cano last season was that he was willing to go with the pitches he was given. Some players try to do more than they are capable of doing. Last season was his first for the Mariners so he was likely learning what would be successful at Safeco Field for him.


Next time I will write how I thought the Seahawks did against the Arizona Cardinals as well as the University of Washington against Oregon State University. Also, whatever else is happening in the world of sports?  

No comments:

Post a Comment