Thursday, January 15, 2015

Knowing People



I try to get in a little time each day listening to sports radio. I know that some people are really into it or talk radio in general. Usually I listen to get either entertained or get some sport news. I enjoy some of the interviews they have with athletes as well.

The reason I bring this up is about a month or so ago on the sport radio programs they mentioned how hard it is get to know athletes that they cover on a regular basis. They figure the same can be true of other celebrities. When thinking more about knowing athletes and celebrities it is actually hard to get to know anyone. This is even true for those we are close too.
I find that the people we know the best are those who are the most vulnerable. Last week on television I saw an interview with actress Jennifer Aniston. Though I still do not know her very well I felt I knew her better because she was vulnerable and shared some of her inner thoughts. She talked about her struggles and her relationships.

The thing about most people is that they put on a happy face while being in public. I have to admit I am one of those people as well. I try to be as real as I can be; however, I try to be as positive as I can be even though I do not always feel that way.  I have been vulnerable in public as well but I have found in some cases people do not really want to know your struggles. I believe the main reason people put on a happy face because they want to be liked. People do not share their inner self because they feel others will not like them. I am sure most of us feel that way. I know that some people either do not care what others think or they have enough self confidence they are totally themselves.

I feel that often when I go out in public I am acting. Other words in some way I try to be someone I am not; however, I could be that person in public more than I realize. I believe it is important that we become more real with other people. I believe people will actually like us more than we think. We all have a dark side and trying to be as nice as possible is not real. Being more real maybe our good side will come out as well.

I am not saying we have to be vulnerable all the time because if we did then we would not be liked very much. I am not saying this to be negative the fact is that we need to feel positive at times. No one likes people that are always what I would call grouchy.


Have a great day and be real. Let people know the real you as much as you can. OK to be funny as well as long as it is part of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment