Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Road to the Super Bowl



For both the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots they are on the road for the Super Bowl though the Seahawks are considered the home team. The game is in Glendale, Arizona the home of the Arizona Cardinals so the Seahawks are familiar with the stadium since they play against the Cardinals once every year not including the playoffs.

For most of the fans of both the Seahawks and Patriots it is a road trip as well. There are some people in the northwest who spend their winters in the Phoenix area so for them it is a home game. Also, many Seattle Mariner fans come down to Arizona for spring training as well. I did that two years ago, and I had a really good time. My cousin Christy and her husband David have a place about ten minutes from the Mariner spring training facility. I spent a week with them and saw four spring training games of the mariners. Actually they won all four games.   Christy and David took me to my first NHL hockey game as well. Sort of weird to see your first hockey game in Arizona; I had a really good time and saw the fans being as crazy as the Seahawk fans.

Two local Seattle television stations had crews and one Tacoma News Tribune reporter made separate trip driving to Arizona in four days. The trip took each of them four days and over 1600 miles to travel. Each reported their time traveling to Arizona, and they met Seahawk fans on the way. Better known as the 12th man; though many of the 12th man are flying to the Super Bowl some were driving to Arizona as well.

I am not sure whether I would want to go to the Super Bowl game because of the cost of a ticket being at least two thousand dollars I would find it quite the experience to drive to Arizona. Of course, being a big baseball fan I would have to stay for some of spring training as well. Though I would not actually go to the game in person it would be great to go to a sport bar in Arizona and watch the game with other Seahawk fans. If I did go to a Super Bowl game it would likely be a onetime deal. Of course, if someone was willing to give me a ticket I would not turn it down.


I am sure all people would have a favorite place to drive to see a special event; something they would call a onetime experience.  I hope each of us have that opportunity sometime in our life. I know that I would love to see the Seattle Mariners play in the World Series. If I think more about it I am sure there are other events I would love to see as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment