Sunday, February 15, 2015

NBA All-Star Game



I sort of wonder how popular the NBA All-Star game is these days. I haven’t seen one in years; however, I am sure it is more popular than the NFL Pro Bowl is. The Major League Baseball All-Star game is really the only one to watch any more.

I have to admit that I have not seen an NBA game at all this season.  Since the Seattle Supersonics left Seattle for Oklahoma I have only seen a handful of games and each of those maybe ten games. I do see some college basketball games; however, there are so many of them on television it is easy to get tired watching them.  Mainly I watch the local college team’s play and occasionally a national game. I am not really into the college game until March madness and the NCAA tournament. I will watch a few games in the Pac-12 tournament. This year though only Arizona and Utah are really good. They may be the only two that make the NCAA tournament.

Back to the NBA and the All-Star game if you like high scoring games and a lot of dunks it is for you. Also, if you like a lot of three point shooting as well. I wonder if the dunking contest and the three point shooting contest that were both on Saturday are still popular?  Of course, I do not know at all. The only reason to watch is to hear Charles Barkley. He is good to get some laughs from. I would say the rest of the group not so much.

I do look at the standing of the NBA about once a week or every ten days. What I see is that most of the teams are not very good. I saw about eleven teams have winning records and the rest not only losing records but very bad records.  I sort of wonder if the New York Knicks will ever have a winning record again; it is amazing that anyone would actually go to any of their games. Also, the Los Angeles Lakers are on the downside as well. The Clippers are now the talk of the town. Quite amazing! Would never see that coming!

I read in the paper that the commissioner of the NBA is looking to break up the schedule. Make the schedule either shorter or longer. He does not want so many back to back games. I think it is a good idea as well. Though I will keep up with the NBA from afar I will look forward to when the NBA comes back to Seattle. I hope it will be in a far better condition than it is right now.

Anyway, for me it is time to get ready for baseball spring training and March madness. I will be out for the evening tonight so no NBA All-Star game again for me.  I predict the score to be 125-118 with the west winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment