Friday, February 20, 2015

Visit British Columbia


I have mentioned before that I really like traveling and I would love to do more of it in the future.  Visiting British Columbia I would call a great province to visit in Canada. I have been there more often than others because my mother grew up in Canada. Actually she lived in Edmonton, Canada; however, her brothers Bob and Alan both ended up in British Columbia. They both are gone now. In fact, my mother is the only one left among her siblings. She had an older sister as well who retired and moved to British Columbia. She spent most of her adult life in Montreal, Quebec.

What I like about British Columbia is that it is a lot like Washington State. It has a lot of trees, lakes, and wildlife.  The difference that British Columbia has is that the population is not as great as Washington State so there is more area of trees, lakes, and wildlife to enjoy. The major city is Vancouver, and it is a lovely place to visit. I have mentioned Seattle feeling like an international city, and when I visit it feels much different than Gig Harbor; however, Vancouver is even more of an international city.  You will find a lot of East Indians and Chinese living in Vancouver. If you head east out of Vancouver is when you really start finding the real outdoors. There are a lot of small cities going east toward Alberta along with driving north as well. If you go really north you find it very cold in the winter time. The weather is not much different in Vancouver than it is in Washington State though the temperatures are a little colder in the winter and there is more rain as well. Also, there was a time that my sister lived in Vancouver area as well before heading to Quebec.

Going west of Vancouver you will find the next largest city in British Columbia of Victoria. It is on Vancouver Island and it is a lovely place to visit as well. I would say it is much different than Vancouver. It is very British in the landscape. If you visit Victoria I recommend seeing the rest of the Island as well if you have the time to do so.  The island is where my Uncle Alan ended up at, and also my Aunt Judy retired to as well. When I was in my early teens I went with my mother to see Uncle Alan because he was dying of cancer. I found the area being so beautiful.  I found it not only great place to visit but a good place to live.

I find British Columbia a really good place to visit. In fact soon I will visit Victoria once again. I will be taking my mother up there and my sister will be coming out from Quebec. I am sure I will take some pictures that I will pass along on this blog. If you have never been to British Columbia before go visit I am sure it will be something really to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment