Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Seeing the USA


There are many places around the world that I would like to visit especially Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Brazil, South East Asia, and Europe. So far I have been to England, France, and Germany which I would like to see again as well. Besides the time it is costly to do so. I am not sure I will see those places but you never know.

Another idea is to see all fifty states of the United States. I have only been to a handful of states so far, and it is more realistic than those other countries. For one thing it can be less costly. Of course, it may take some time.

I have never been to either Alaska or Hawaii so those are on my bucket list. I would take two separate trips since I would fly to both places. Depending on the amount of time as well would be my choice of how much I would see. The other forty-seven states not including Washington State that I live in I would likely do by car.

I have been to several states already so I could skip them depending on how much time I want to take. I have been to Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Missouri before since I have had family in all three places. I love Boston so that whole area of the east coast I would love to see again.  Minnesota would be nice to visit again especially since my niece lives there. So of the three I may skip would be Missouri. I have no family in Missouri any longer. Massachusetts and Minnesota I would not want to visit in the winter unless it was for only a few days and not as bad weather as this year.

I have been to Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Colorado, Nevada, New York, Washington D.C., Arizona, and Florida. I do not think I have missed any Oh yes I have been to Maine and New Hampshire as well. So I haven’t seen about thirty-six states or so. Other words I will be busy to see them all. In my travels I would like to see both New York and Washington D.C. once again. Also Arizona I would like to visit again because of family who live there some of the year, and spring training. I have to say I would likely drive to all the rest of the states. It would be quite the adventure if I could do so on one trip. Most likely I would drive through Oregon and California along the way on the west coast. Seeing San Francisco once again would be something I want to do. I am not sure whether I would like to see Los Angeles because there are so many people and the traffic. I would only stop in Los Angeles because I have friends that live in surrounding LA area. I would love to see San Diego I heard it is so beautiful.

Planning this trip I would likely leave in early spring or fall. February or August would be the times to leave because Oregon and California are not too cold for me and Arizona along with New Mexico is not too hot yet. None of the south I would want to spend time during the summer. I most likely want to return to Washington State in either June or July. If I went in the fall I would want to return by November or December. It is the best place to spend winter. Other than Hawaii most of the other states do not feel appealing during the winter. If I do this adventure I would say most likely in the next five to ten years.

So happy travels to everyone; I hope that each one of us will be able to travel to places we would like to see. Also stay healthy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment