Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool’s Day


First of all I want to wish everyone a Happy April Fool’s Day. Personally I have not been involved in a prank or playing a joke on someone for a long time. I enjoy telling jokes on a regular basis. In fact most of mine are originals, and a lot of them are puns. Usually I think of them right at the moment. Some of them I talk seriously until the punch line. It is really the right way to go people thinking that you are serious until the end. It does take some creativity though.

Here in the United States of America I do not April Fool’s Day has the same impact it had at one time. I am sure in Europe they like to pull pranks on this special day. I do though enjoy hearing about a good prank.

The last time I felt like someone really pulled one over on me was quite a few years ago now. The local newspaper in the sport’s section reported a trade that Seattle Supersonics had made. It sounded like a really good trade to make. I do not recall now who the players involved were but it did make a lot of sense at the time. At the end of the story of course they said “April Fools”. I laughed and new that I was had but in a way disappointed as well. Since then I do not believe any story in the newspaper on April 1 until at the very end of reading it.

I really do hope that I can hear about some good ones today.  I am sure that I will not be involved in any today unless I come up with something really good in the next few hours. In many ways it is sort of childish but we must have one day a year if not more to do something childish or hear someone do something childish. We hear so much about serious matters or something bad happens it is good to hear something funny happened as well. So I have to say if the joke is on us much the better. I can say that only if it does not hurt someone.

Have a great day and have a lot of laughs. Try a prank on someone as long as they are not a real serious type.

No comments:

Post a Comment