Friday, April 3, 2015

April Showers


Ever since I was a small child I have heard the saying April showers bring May flowers. Here in the Northwest it is very true.

In Gig Harbor the first couple days of the month it has been nice and the weather this morning looks pretty good; however, the weather forecast for the next week is showers. Of course, it is never a surprise to have showers in April. I would say it is very routine to have showers here in April though over the years I have seen some pretty good weather as well.

In some ways it is a little funny because on television I have seen weather being different than ours just a few miles away. In Federal Way which is less than twenty miles they had lightning storms in the late afternoon. It split some trees in half, and in Seattle they had hail. I almost thought they were showing weather from another state. Last night on television they talked to a man who took a video which they viewed as well where lightning hit an airplane. It was quite a showing, and lucky the plane did not go down and no injuries.

I have experienced here in Gig Harbor on a number of occasions where it is raining on half of the harbor and sunny on the other half. On one occasion last year I was driving on a road where it was raining on one side and not on the other. The strangest experience I ever had was when I was a student at Tacoma Community College in the 90s where I was leaving the school, and I was in the parking lot. There was this one cloud in the sky, and every-where else it was blue sky; however, that cloud decided to follow me to my car. It rained on me all the way to my car though no rain anywhere else. It is something I have never forgotten since I have never had an experience like that since.

Since it was a mild winter around here this year it nice to see that the mountains are finally getting some snow. It likely will not be enough to have the normal yearly snow fall. I asked someone who was up at Mount Rainer this last Monday whether she saw any snow. She said there was some at the very high levels. Since the weather has been so mild flowers have bloomed early this year so hopefully we will not see the April showers ruin them.

Anyway whether you have showers or sun this April I wish you all a wonderful month. I hope all your dreams and blessings come true. For those that are going through difficult times they will be resolved. My next writing will be on Easter since I will be going in on my heart procedure early Monday morning. I hope to be able to write again next Wednesday depending on how I feel. It usually takes a lot to keep me down. Have a great weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment