Monday, April 13, 2015

The Good Times


We all know that life is not perfect all the time. In fact, most of us have had some very tough times. I believe it is important to live for today. We can plan for the future, and look back on the past; however, the present is what we live in.

The tough times have been those things that have built good character in each of us. I did not find them to be very enjoyable at the time as expected but in part they are what have made up part of me. I believe without them more likely I would be soft, and those small things that come around now and then I would make them bigger than they really are. I believe those who did not go through some tough times early in life are likely spoiled to some degree, and they are probably handling the small things along with the large ones not so easy.

The best part I find is that when I look back at the past I remember the good times. In fact, I can say a lot of the tough times I do not remember as much. I figure they are in the past so they should be left there. It is not like everything now is good all the time but a lot better than those things in the past. I find now the older we get the problems have to do a lot with our health. I know that I have gone through a few health issues in the last couple years or so. I hope to have a break for a few years as well.

For me the most recent tough times besides health are thinking about desires that have not been fulfilled. It is disappointing; however, I hope some will still come to pass in the future. Others will need to be fulfilled by new desires. I am sure not all the desires will be fulfilled but I will not look at being depressed or anger in my heart. The most important thing is that there are good times ahead as well. The major desire in my heart is to help those who are not as privileged as I am, and live out my destiny. I believe it should be true for all of us. We can live that way today as well as the plans for the future.

The really good times as a child the highlight was when our family took a trip across Canada during summer break. We left the day after school let out, and returned home a couple weeks before school started again. It was about two months long. I wrote about it back in November 2013 so you can go back and read all about it. I wrote it in three installments since it was quite the trip. There were other good times as well. That trip though would be something I would like to do again.

The most important thing for each person to do is to forgive those who participated in our tough times so we can remember the good times, and live in good peace. Have yourself a great week, and enjoy the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment