Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Compassion


One thing I have not seen a lot of in our society is compassion. There are some people who are compassionate; however, I see that most people do not.

I believe the major reason compassion is not found often most people do not teach their children to be compassionate.

 I know when I was a child my parents did not teach me to treat people with compassion. It wasn’t that I was a bad kid or my parents did not do a good job raising my sister, two brothers, and myself I think something that no one really takes into consideration. They want you to be kind to as many people as possible including other kids.

I believe that more children need to experience giving and receiving hugs. It would do a lot more good for compassion. I really applaud any parents who do actually teach their children to hug and care for others. In fact a few weeks ago a young girl who was a friend of another young girl that I know asked if she could be given a hug. This was the first time I had met her, and I did feel she trusted me so I gave her a hug. I believe it was good for both of us.

When it comes to compassion I believe adults do need to show compassion to other adults. The more we do so children will follow suit. I believe it is true for anything.

One major reason that compassion is not shown a lot is that we are too busy in our lives. We are so involved in so many things that showing compassion has been lost in our society. I do not think it is just compassion because we do have other things that we do not do either.

I am sure that my parents did not teach us compassion because it was something that there generation really did not do. Really never something they thought about.

I know I do not show as much compassion as I ought to. I am not going to blame it on the past generations but look forward to do so anyway. The thought I am wondering will people really embrace compassion. Anyway all we can do is try it right. The important thing is to really show compassion and not put on an act. I really do hope that you feel the same way. Our chance to make a difference in the world; I want the children of the world to be better than we are. Hopefully it is never too late.  

No comments:

Post a Comment