Sunday, May 17, 2015

Another Birthday


What can I say today May 17 is another of my birthday’s. I won’t say how old I am but it is another milestone. The older you get the more you can say the next one can take its time to get here. 

I want to thank everyone who has wished me a happy birthday.  I am just relaxing today and I will go to church tonight where I expect something will happen. At least I am sure they will sing happy birthday. Friday night my mother and I went out to dinner because I had a wedding to attend yesterday and church tonight.

I have the honor to share my birthday with my Cousin Rob’s youngest son Mike. December of 2013 he had spinal injury while skiing. He had been a skiing instructor who was showing a move for his students when the accident occurred. He was paralyzed for several days and then spent more than a month in a rehab center. It is incredible his whole story. He continues to work on his recovery. He has been an inspiration to thousands of people in Canada. It has changed his life for the good. It is easy to take your life for granted until you experience something like that. So Cheers to you Mike and happy 28th birthday.

I share my birthday with Norway as well. The Norwegians celebrate May 17 as their independence day. I have a story to go along with it. When my Brother Jack’s kids were young they lived in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area where there is a lot of Norwegians. Each year they have a parade on May 17 to celebrate Norwegian Independence Day.  One of the kids asked if all the people who were attending the parade know Uncle Herb. When Jack told me of course I laughed.

I can say now that another chapter begins in my life. I hope the desires I have had in my life that has not been fulfilled that in the next year one of them will come true. I ask for your prays that one of them will happen. I will do the same for you.

May you be blessed in the next year until I write about another birthday passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment