Monday, May 18, 2015

Getting Older


Yes I am getting older though I do not consider myself old yet. Sometimes though my body says otherwise; of course, we are older today than yesterday. I have to admit that I have fewer days ahead then I do behind.

At the beginning of the year I mentioned how I was going to make this year the year of adventure. I am not sure it is what I expected but at least the year is still more than half left over.

Speaking of getting older I have to go into the hospital this Thursday to remove kidney stones. They are not cooperating by not passing through by themselves. I hope this is the last thing I have to deal with this year concerning my health. In April I had to go through a procedure my heart. It is still skipping but the doctor assures me that I do not have anything to worry about. On Wednesday I have a follow up with him. I am sure he will continue to encourage me. Going forward I will likely see my cardiologist every six months or so.

I can keep my fingers crossed and my faith this will be end of health issues for 2015. I do not want any more adventure concerning health for a little while at least.

I want to be able to encourage others whether it has to do with health, family, and friends. Though difficult times are here or in the future we can make it.

I still try to walk as often as I can depending on the specific day. I hope in June to be able to start riding my mountain bike my brother gave me last year for my birthday. There are so many beautiful places to explore in Washington State. If you have never been here I recommend that you come for a trip. There are so many beautiful places to see.

My nephew Ian and his girlfriend Helen will be arriving in a couple weeks to start a new chapter in their lives. Ian is graduating from Harvard in less than two weeks. He will be starting work at Microsoft on June 9. He will be doing the same work he did last summer when he did an internship with Microsoft. He was offered the position when he completed the internship. He interviewed at Google as well but preferred Microsoft.  Helen will be working for Nordstrom’s in the corporate office downtown Seattle. They will be living two blocks away from where she will be working, and he is able to catch a bus for work two blocks away as well. I have never met Helen but really look forward too.

With the young people I am not sure how often I will see them. I know it will give me a good excuse to travel up to Seattle. Being the only close family for them I am sure my mother and I will see them at holidays. Also, it would be good to get in a Mariner or Seahawk game as well.

Regardless of what my future adventures will be. Ian and Helen are starting on a new adventure and chapter. I look forward to see how all works out. My brother Jack and family will be coming out early August to see my mother, Ian, Helen, and me. It will be really good to see them all. We plan to take one good day going to either Mount Rainier or the Olympics. I have mentioned before I can go to a lot of places within two hours.

The weather here in Western Washington has been really good in May. We are expected to get some rain this week; however, the sun is out right now. Like I have mentioned before anytime the sun comes out even for a few minutes it is a good thing. It is sort of amazing though we could use some rain. We do not say that often around here.

Though I will be seeing doctors this week, and everything should go fine as scheduled I hope you all have a wonderful week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment