Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Writing Shorter Paragraphs


I have been wondering for a while how important the length of paragraphs should be when writing.

Is it important to the reader what length the paragraph is? I find myself writing some long ones and not enough short ones.

The reason I am writing this is it really a big concern or not.

In many ways it is a lot easier to write longer paragraphs but I want to be sure it is good for the reader as well.

The length of the paragraph I believe has to do with the thought being put into it.

I am writing short paragraphs here for a purpose.

It may not make a difference at all how long a paragraph is to some degree that is.

Thinking more and more about it I am no longer going to worry about how long the paragraphs I am going to write except I do not want them to be too long either.

I realized after thinking about this for some time the most important thing in writing is the reader going to enjoy the subject and the content. Even writing about the size of paragraphs should make the reader interested.

So what I am going to do is not to worry too much about the length of the paragraph. The important thing is the reader enjoys what I am writing about.

Again I want to thank everyone who reads my blog. I appreciate each one of you to take the time to read it. I am amazed that so many people around the globe enjoy reading a blog from someone in United States of America from a small town who writes about his life whether the story has to do with the past or the present.

I want to do most of all is share my life with others, and encourage everyone to have a good life as well. We all struggle in many different ways. Though I live in a blessed country does not mean everything is always good. I hope to give everyone though a good fresh air.

Several weeks ago the local daily paper the editor in chief wrote about a survey that was taken by readers. I actually think it was a national survey. The newspapers want to know what the readers enjoyed most about the paper along with what could be improved.

What they found out is that readers enjoy stories that are at least a thousand words long. They wanted to know the story really in depth in what was going on.  Breaking news they were Ok with being short when reading on line than when having more time reading more in depth what was happening.

Those who enjoyed reading the paper about sports wanted to have more analysis than just what happened. Other words why it happened is as important as what happened.

The editor in chief said they would take in consideration what the survey said to write the stories. Other words the news stories would be in more depth and more analysis in sports.

I am sure other things were mentioned as well but I do not remember them at this time.

I am sure that readers of papers enjoy real life stories as well.  News stories can become very disturbing sometimes because there is so much bad going on in the world. It is really nice to read stories that are about real good things as well.

I look forward to writing more to you readers and thank you so much for reading my blog. What I look to do is to continue making the blog better and better each time, week, and month ahead.

What is exciting is to make a difference in other peoples life along with my own.  Too share each chapter of my life. Not every chapter is good but I feel that life is getting better all the time. I look forward to better things ahead. I pray that the same thing for you all as well. If you live in an area that lacks peace I pray that peace will come to your land. Most of all that you have good health and family life.

No comments:

Post a Comment