Thursday, July 30, 2015

Family Coming to Town


In five days I will be seeing my brother and his family. They are coming for about a week. His middle son actually now works in Seattle so they are coming to see him as well as my mother and me; it is always exciting to see them especially when it is every couple of years. Actually last summer I saw my brother and his youngest son but a couple years for the rest of them. Actually I went and saw them because the youngest was graduating from high school.

It is hard about family because they are not close. I know some cultures and countries families are much closer together. They either live together, in the same town, or the country is not that large so they are able to travel more frequently to see them. In my mother’s case he is living close to his wife’s family mostly so they can see them pretty often which I think is a good thing.

The thing about family is they are the closest bonding we have regardless the distance or at least it is supposed to be that way. I know sometimes families have arguments, and with the divorce rate it is families are not as close as they once were; however, it should not be that way.

One thing I do know very well is that whenever I have a strong need they will be there. Other words I can always depend on my family through thick or thin. I know a lot of people have the same thing with their families while others do not. This should be how things really should be.

I recommend that if for whatever reason your family is not close you should make every effort to reconcile with them no matter what happened that put you in the situation. We do not really know how much time we have left to live this life so we do not feel that we regret anything in the end. We need to forgive those who have hurt us whether family or not. There is nothing better than forgiving and be forgiven. Remember we are not perfect, and we should not live a life with bitterness.

I look back at what other kids did to me while I was in school. I have forgiven them for how they treated me. Though I still know they did some horrible things at times I actually don’t remember those acts. It has allowed me to be free, and a lot better person.

I know we have friends that are closer to us than our own biological family which is a good thing when our family is not around on a daily basis. Those closest to us are actually more family in many ways to us. We can count on them in many ways that our family can’t do because of the distance.

I look forward to next week spending time with my brother and family going on short outings, eating, and just spending time together. The weather should still be very nice to be able to do some activities. I do talk most Saturday’s with my brother; however, being in person is so much better.

Whenever you see your family whether often or not be sure to give them a nice hug, and let them know how much you really appreciate them. Until next time thanks for enjoying this time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment