Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Seeing Fellow Former High School Students


This morning it was really nice to have breakfast with two students that I was in high school. I would not say classmates because both of them were a year ahead of me. Of course, it meant they were classmates.

We met for breakfast at one of the newer restaurants in Gig Harbor, Washington. None of us had breakfast there before. We met because one of them was in town after visiting her daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren who live north of Seattle. They are here for the day before returning to her home in California. We also met her husband as well.

This is the second time I have met with a small group from my high school in the last three months. The previous time was with two fellow classmates. What I find interesting about getting together with them after all these years is hearing stories from children that I had not heard before. Another thing was I was shy around girls especially in junior and senior high school. There were a few I talked to but most of them were intimidating to me. What I have found out now is that they were shy as well. School would have been so much nicer and easier to get through if I knew then what I know now.  

I encourage you if your children are going through the same kind of shyness with the opposite sex in those school years that it is normal thing happening, and help the best you can to get over it. They will be so much better for it over the long run. I know that my life would have been so much better off if someone would have taken me under their wings.

In our time together this morning we decided we need to get together more often and not every thirty or forty years whenever they come into town. They still have family in the area and plan to visit three or four times a year. Also, we talked about the present and future times as well. It is interesting to know these people now as adults besides remembering them as kids. Reminds me to see where I fit in the whole world of life.

Right now I realize that I can regret things of the past but it will not change things at all. The past is in the past and I must move on for the future to be a better place. Important to learn from the past so wouldn’t make the same mistakes again but must live in the present and look forward to the future. None of us knows what the future looks like or how long it will last but we must be content in all things and not worry either. There are so many ways that I am blessed in, and looking at all the mistakes of the past won’t change them either. We can make a difference in our lives along with the people we meet during our travels. So live life the way we want today. We will still make mistakes; however, we hope that we won’t regret them. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment