Monday, July 6, 2015

Family Reunions


I believe one of the greatest things we can do is to go to family reunions. The sad thing is not everyone agrees. Just like high school reunions some people do not to go to their family reunions.

I do know that not everyone is able to go to their family reunion; however, to choose to stay away is very sad. I know that not everyone gets along sometimes but your family is the only one you have.

Our family on my father’s side had our reunion on July 4. I liked the turnout; however, there were a lot that did not make it that I wished had been there. It was short notice so I know some had other events already scheduled so they were allowed to miss. The weather was very hot so could not blame it on the weather for sure. I am not here to put anyone down or show judgment but if you decided to something else instead we missed you.

The thing about family is everyone has a place in it. I know that people enjoy their friends a lot more because they around them a lot more but family will always be family.  Since my immediate family is so spread out and the rest I don’t see that often when I do I find it very special.

With family reunion you talk about what happened growing up and the memories along with what is happening now. Also, you get to meet the new members of the family. You can talk about those who could not be there.  Another thing is we never know how long anyone will be with us especially the oldest ones.

Friends may come and go but family last forever. I know we need more contact with our family on a regular basis. I know that some I not only don’t see enough I don’t talk with them enough either. I know often friends feel more like family than our family does. It is hard to realize that but it is true.

I find the memories I remember the most revolve around my family. I do remember others with friends but they are not as special to me. I think it is important that we go out of our way and make more phone calls to our families whether close or far away. Often the ones closest to us in distance we spend less time with. Also, what really is nice about social media is that we can show each other more pictures so we feel like we are living out our lives in a closer way. I especially like seeing pictures of the small children and then the older ones to see the differences of them growing up and maturing.

Let’s be sure that we spend the time with family not only about the memories but about today as well. I enjoy not only writing about the past but about today as well. Often people see us as who we once were and not who we are right now. I feel that sometimes that I am who others think I am and not who I really am. In our society people want to make us out to be different people whether it is who we really are. You can even look at famous people and come to a conclusion to who they are. The truth is they maybe someone totally different then we think. I believe to that we make people think we are someone else as well. Sometimes we try to put an act on; however, those who are closest to us know the real us. We think.

Put on a good face and have a wonderful week. I hope things go very well for you. Thanks again for tuning in and reading me.

No comments:

Post a Comment