Friday, July 3, 2015

Independence DAy


It is amazing to think that the year is just half over and now we in summer and celebrating another 4th Of July also known as our Independence Day.

I am sure the kids especially enjoy still seeing fireworks going off. We know that animals are not big fans of fireworks though. In my apartment complex we are not allowed to set off fireworks though you can hear them going off most of the time; I like seeing the fireworks in the air. From my place it is common to be able to see three different fireworks going; also can hear a couple others as well. I can hear the one in Seattle and south in the area the U.S. Open golf tournament that took place just last week. In fact if I am not too tired of the travel to and from family reunion I may go down next to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge to view the one south.

I remember when I was in elementary school fireworks went off in the harbor almost in front of our place. They were so spectacular; however, they stopped doing it. I was quite disappointed. After that we had some years dad would take us in our large sailboat into Commencement Bay. It actually looks and goes into Tacoma. It is where you enter and exit the harbor.

After we grew up dad and mom would take sailboat out and go up to Seattle to see the fireworks. They would meet up with friends from other Yacht Clubs. My parents were members of the Gig Harbor Yacht Club. In fact in my dad’s memory they have the sailor of the year named after him.

This year it will be nice to visit relatives for the holiday. We all know how important family is even if we do not see them as often as we like. I know some who have family real close and see them a lot while others like myself not so; however, it does make it very special. My brother and I talk on the phone almost every Saturday. It makes it really nice to hear his voice at least.

Next to Christmas I believe Independence Day is children’s favorite holiday because of the fireworks.  We cannot forget what the meaning of the holiday is as well. It is so easy to do so to forget. We all need to remember the meaning of Independence. The freedom we have here in the United States of America. We seem to take the freedoms for granted and some of them seem to become less and less each day. It is important that the minority have a voice; however, they should not be able to overrun the majority. We try so much not to offend people that the country is going down a wrong path. It is important those things the fore father meant to be important stay intact. We can’t let those who seem to be in charge to overtake and remove the freedoms. I am sure other countries love to have the freedoms we are blessed with.

Enjoy your weekend with those you are doing with. Let life be a joy to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment