Friday, October 2, 2015

It’s Friday


It is the day that everyone waits for. At least those who do not have to work on the weekends; when Monday comes around and the weekend is over most can’t wait until Friday.

I can understand the desire for the weekend because we can relax some of the time, and rest over the work week. Some jobs are just hard at demand, or not very enjoyable. I believe those who have what we probably call a career enjoy their jobs much more than those who are working where they are getting by pay check to pay check. In fact these jobs feel so negative a good part of the time. My last job especially near the end felt so stressful that when I was driving to work I could not wait until I was able to go home. I liked the part of dealing with most customers; however, the politics, and feeling those above me were looking over my shoulder all the time. Near the end of the job I knew time was close I would no longer be there and one mistake be my downfall which is what happened. It certainly not the way to enjoy your job; I am sure everyone has gone through it at least once. Some quit before being let go and others like me hold on. Actually I was due a vacation so I was hoping to enjoy a little time off before returning but that was not the case.

I am not saying all this to discourage anyone over their job. In fact on the contrary I want to encourage each person to enjoy their jobs to the fullest that when the day ends they feel they are in the place meant to be. Our lives should feel we are doing our purpose and destiny. We feel so good on Friday that the weekend we can actually do things around the house, and enjoy our families; when Monday’s come again we look forward to another week of fulfillment. This is how I feel about writing this blog several times a week. I hope to be able to write something good each and every day. When I finish this post I start thinking about the next one, and possibly the one after that. There are times where I have several writing ahead, and other times where I may have just one.

I enjoy the writing knowing that others are enjoying reading this as much as I do writing it. So enjoy Friday, and your weekend before another Monday comes along. I feel we should enjoy each day almost like it is our last although there are challenges always along the path. Life is so short to miss out on happiness and joy is hard on each of us. When you are at work appreciate each of your co-workers; I did up to the very end of the job. I have to say though I don’t miss some of the job I do miss those who I worked with. I know some of them have moved onto bigger and better jobs. So I end with have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment