Monday, October 19, 2015

Speaking of Canada


 When it comes to Canada there are so many wonderful places to see. Of course, there is Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and the capital of Canada Ottawa.

When I was twelve our family took a trip for the summer across Canada and into eastern USA. We saw many of the beautiful places in Canada during our trip. You can read three of my early writings in this blog about the trip.

I have been back to Vancouver several times along with Montreal, and Ottawa. Only once to Toronto actually twice but I don’t really count either because the time was spent in the airport on the way to and back to Paris. They are all lovely cities to visit.

My mother grew up in Edmonton, Alberta but I only been there once as a baby; however, I look forward to visit there someday in the future. My cousin Christy has all three of her sons and spouses living in Edmonton right now so I would look forward to seeing them. My mother has been back several times primarily for college reunions as she went to the University of Alberta. When she went to college she was able to walk to school from her home. The house is no longer there and the location of it is now part of the college parking lot. The last time she visited Christy’s youngest son Brock showed her around the campus as he works for the university after graduating. The campus and Edmonton are much larger than when she lived there.

If you come out west Victoria, British Columbia is another wonderful place to visit on Vancouver Island. Most people living in my town of Gig Harbor usually go north to Port Angeles, and take the ferry to Victoria. It is easy to get around by foot or bus. Also, you get to Victoria from Seattle.

Two really lovely places to visit in Alberta as well are Banff and Jasper National Parks. I visited both places as well as Calgary on the trip across Canada. They are both lovely places to go if you have the time.

If you a good amount of time I recommend driving the TransCanada Highway because there are so many lovely places to see on the way. It is the highway we traveled through Canada.

In eastern Canada there are a lot of places you can visit besides Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa. In Quebec you can go north to Gas Bay, and in Nova Scotia there is Peggy’s Cove. Another really nice place to visit is and around Moncton, New Brunswick. If you have time would be to visit Newfoundland, and Prince Edward’s Island. Of course, you have to visit Niagara Falls.

I have to say though wherever you visit in Canada you can’t go wrong. I hope to travel again either by car driving TransCanada Highway or take a train. Be exciting more than flying.


No comments:

Post a Comment