Thursday, January 28, 2016

Be Happy




 I believe I wrote about being happy before however I think it is something we need to remember and take advantage each day.

Being happy has nothing to do with our circumstances or feelings instead with our attitude. Everything is not going to go right all the time. I look back when I was a kid and I went through a lot of issues especially with other kids. I look at the pictures I was in back than and you can see the smile on my face in almost every one of them. It is possible that I had a smile on my face because I was asked to smile or I really did feel that way. All I know now all the trouble went through back in those days has made me a better person. I am not bitter at all because I felt that was what life was all about. Other words I did not know any different back then and now I feel it was a blessing in disguise.

Some days things do happen that we can’t get over or change. An example was before Christmas my mother cracked her head while falling down in the bathroom. Neither of us had a happy day for sure especially her and I made the best of it. She is still recovering from the fall however she looks happy most of the time now. She is back playing bridge and involved in all her other activities with friends. When you are ninety-five years old like her you are grateful. Whenever someone ask how she is doing mom responds by saying she is glad to make it another day. In many ways that should be all of our attitudes no matter how old we are. Mother is blessed because she has a lot of friends still around although many are not around any longer. I am happy because she is still around as well. Every day mother is alive makes it a grand day and something to be happy. I believe we should all be grateful if we live as long as her that we would still have our minds and the friends she has. Not as many people in her age group are so lucky.

Again have a great attitude being happy no matter what is happening day to day. Our circumstances and situations may change every day however the way we look at things can stay the same. Certainly make life a lot more enjoyable for sure. Remember to hug those who are around you every day. I like receiving one that is for sure.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment