Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Have Been Searching My Whole Life


It has been a long time since I last did this however I decided it was time to write a poem. I figure I will write more in the future as well. Nothing like putting our heart out there in words; I believe this is what poetry is all about. So here we go everyone.

 

Searching for you all my life

Wondering where you are

Are you only in my dreams?

Someday I will wake up and you will be there

Have we seen each other walking the streets, in the checkout stand at the grocery store or at the coffee shop?

Have we been blinded all these years

Will it be today or tomorrow when our eyes can be opened

Smile on our face and knowing now what true love is

My heart skips for you

Beating everyday

You will be my best friend as well as my love

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment