Saturday, January 9, 2016

Let’s Go!


Hi everyone it is the weekend so let’s go. I see for a lot of people though they look forward to the weekend they do many of the same things that they do during the week. Other words they do some kind of work instead of relaxing. Most likely they are working on an ongoing project which I think is a good idea to some degree however it should not be done during the whole weekend.

I know people who go to church on Sunday morning which is a good thing but then they off and on the go again. Like I say it is a good idea to some degree as long it is something they enjoy doing however I think to it is a good idea at least once a week to go off on a min-vacation. Get away and relax somewhere. The place only has to be a couple hours away but the point is that you are relaxing and doing something enjoyable that you like that you would not do the rest of the year. If you have a family take them with you or at the very least your partner. You can call it your monthly date. In the winter time going skiing or sledding during the time or hiking in the summer. The most important thing to do is relax.

I find that so many people are so busy almost all the time they do not know how to relax or what to do with their free time. I know some guys who get up an hour early and pray each day which I think is a very good idea. I would add meditation to that list as well. It could be during the hour of pray or right after praying. Spend a few minutes meditating on good things or thoughts. We hear or see so many negative or bad things going on all day so getting our minds back in a good frame will help us out. Another thing would be to take a few minutes and not think about anything at all. Also I would call it not thinking at all. I know it is a strange concept because we spend all our waking hours thinking. The problem is most of the thinking is either negative or non-productive depending on our jobs. Not thinking will take an adjustment for sure but I think it is a good idea for at least a minute or two beginning with and if we are lucky we can make it to five or ten minutes down the road.

Another idea I have concerning hearing bad news is when we see a friend to ask them what is good going on in their lives. So often we ask them how things are going and they say OK or tell us the negative things especially the older we get. At an older age they will tell you what is wrong with their health and we will respond by telling them what is wrong with us as well. I know a group of older gentlemen who meet almost every day over coffee. After a little while they realize that all they talk about is negative things they stop and start talking about positive things. If we start off asking how good your day is we are off to a good start. The state of our country and world there is plenty of bad news so hearing some good news is a good approach. Meditating is a really good way to get ourselves going for the day. Another avenue would be to meditate after taking a nap. I remember as a kid I hated taking naps because I felt like I was being punished. Now I look forward to a nap everyday even if it only fifteen minutes long. Since we have relaxed and ready to get going again meditating is a good way to get our batteries recharged.

So if you find your weekend is not much different than the weekdays do something to make the going a lot different so when we say “Let’s go” it is a positive thing. Enjoy your weekend and let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment