Friday, January 8, 2016

What to Write!


When it comes to writing I usually pick the title first and that is what I write about. I am not sure that is what most writers do though. I am sure many write their story and then pick the title.

I know this case the title is a bit different then what I have chosen in the past however this is where I am at. I decided to write about the overall picture and that is why I choose what to write as the title. I know that sounds weird however when I finish here we all the idea what I am saying. As a writer the most important thing is to write a story, and in my case I not only want to be a story I want others to be encouraged as well.

I write a lot about myself growing up as well as what interest me today. I want it to be interested to the reader which I believe is true or no one would be reading this blog. In fact, I appreciate every one that does read this blog. Not only do I believe the stories to be interesting but that many of us have things in common no matter where we live and come from regardless of culture and religion. I am a Christian however I know to that Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and others read this as well as those from many different countries. I believe the experiences that I have gone through that most people have regardless of their religion and country. Other words we have a lot in common as well as differences. This is in the same way as that I grew up and I have lived in a small town all of my life. I don’t think there is that much difference living in a small town compared to living in a big town or large city. I believe the difference is that in the larger cities what is called a neighborhood is like living in a small town. I know that might sound weird however I think it is true as well. No matter the size of the city growing up we live with our families along with having friends; the large city the children may have a bigger group to pick from then the smaller cities or towns. Growing up I had about twenty friends in my neighborhood and a few hundred in the town because everyone knew each other. Of course, we knew some more than others because of our neighborhood and schools along with who we hung out with but we knew each other’s name. There were about a dozen children that I went to kindergarten and around forty in first grade that I went all the way through school with. All though most of them I do not see very often these days I do keep in contact with some through social media. It is nice to see what they have become throughout the years and now that they have children and grandchildren. I find though I have other friends now that I have more contact with there is nothing more special than those I grew up with. They are like my cousins nothing is like them though I do not seem them often. When I do see them my heart leaps for joy.

Growing up times was not always easy for instance I had to deal with bullies like many have had to do today. I have written about that subject before and given encouragement that if you have a child today who deals with bullying it is very important that they stand up for themselves. I do not mean they have to beat the crap out of the bully however they must let the bully know that they will if the opportunity happens. We must all stand up for ourselves. Another area I think is sad that is somewhat related to bullying is suicide. I have heard so often even in my small town of Gig Harbor teenagers killing themselves. I know in some cases it is related to bullying and in other cases it has to do with being bipolar. Regardless of what is happening in their lives they need to know that being a teenager is a small time of their lives and they will make it if they just make it through those difficult years. The importance is that all of us adults let them realize this is true. I remember though when I was going through those times I felt there was no one to speak to however I have to say I was strong though even during weak times. Today there are more people they can talk to they just have to be willing to find someone to talk to.

Even this time I hope you enjoyed what I wrote. I look forward to continue writing about what is going on in the world and to encourage everyone. Have yourself a wonderful weekend and enjoy your family and friends.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment