Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Presidential Election


I am sure some of you are asking what I want to say about the election coming up this year. Others may say that they don’t care what I think. Actually I don’t have a candidate that I like at this point. All I know that I am not a big fan of either Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump.

When it comes to the Presidential election I usually plan on the side of the Republicans however if Donald Trump is the candidate I won’t be voting for him. I have an old classmate that says the media tries to make Trump sound like a goofball. Actually I think he does a pretty good job of it himself. I have heard that he treats his employees pretty good which maybe the case however does that qualify him to be president.

Hilary Clinton I won’t vote for first of all because she is a democrat and second she is Bill Clinton’s wife. Do we want four or eight years of those two? Hilary was secretary of state under Obama in his first term and it was enough for me.

I can’t say I would never vote for a democrat however the odds against it are strong. The candidate would have to be exceptional for me to do so and the republican would have to be not so much. The reason I would not vote for a democrat is I don’t agree with their party. What I believe in and what they believe in are very different indeed.

I am not saying that the republicans are exceptional because they are not however the Republican Party beliefs are closer to what I believe in.

At this point I haven’t watched the debates for either party. The Democratic debate would be a waste of time for me since I don’t believe what they do. The only reason I would watch is to know what the opposition is thinking at this time.

I am not watching the Republican debate because there have been way too many candidates. When things narrow down than I will likely watch the debates; I will find it interesting to watch the debate between whomever becomes the two final candidates for both parties unless it is Clinton and Trump. If it comes down to the two of them I won’t be voting at all in the election. We can only hope the Republicans will be smart enough to have another candidate running instead of Trump. Also, the United States is in somewhat trouble if it comes down to the two of them.

I likely won’t write anything more about the Presidential election until the summer at the very earliest unless something really makes the news to do so. We can only hope there are candidates we can’t think of who will run.

If you are into the debates good for you; enjoy your time in doing so though I think it is a waste of time. It is just my opinion though. Depending on things it could be a long year at least for the election that is. I wonder if we wished that Obama would be back for another term. You can take me serious or not I don’t really care. Next time something better I promise and enjoy your weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment