Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Smiling Face


Today I have decided to do some wondering. Whether it is beneficial or meaningless we will find out. I figure it will be meaningless however it could be beneficial or somewhere in between.

I am wondering those who are smiling today happier than those who do not. I figure in my mind they do however is it really true. I know that I enjoy laughing a lot during the day but does that make me happier than those who don’t. I could do a survey asking people that look happy are they actually happy and those who look sad or grumpy are actually sad or grumpy. Of course I would not do that because I feel that it would be strange to do so.

Now I am thinking you probably think I am being a bit nuts here which could be really true as well. Another thing you may be thinking yes this is meaningless.

I am not really sure why I am thinking this way however I woke up this morning really wanting to do it. I suppose I could do a google search and get all the answers but it could be meaningless too. Most likely this is meaningless and not beneficial however I do hope that you do get something out of this today.

Thinking more about being happy and smiling has to do with our heart. On the other hand it could be a day to day thing depending on our circumstances. I truly though believe we have more happy days with our heart being in the right place. I have never been to Africa however those I do know have been say the children are happier than those here in the United States though they have little food and may starve to death at some point. So I wonder because we have more things we feel more responsible so we are not as happy. I do hope this is more beneficial than not. I know when I traveled three weeks to France about twelve years ago that the Frenchmen seemed to have more relationships than us Americans. I truly believe that solid relationships make us happier and the French seem to have it down pad. When I returned to United States I could see the difference of relationships between us and the French. You see they spend hours together around food. It is the main ingredient that keep people together we love spending time with each other when food is involved. My observation has been that as soon as we finish eating we go our separate ways. Personally I wish people would stick around when finishing eating but that is the way it is. The French spend many hours together especially on Sundays. What they do though is eat many courses of food. When they finish one course they continue talking knowing another one is on the way and they do that over and over again. If we did that we would likely get really fat because of the kinds of food we eat however they eat very low calorie foods along with a bottle of wine or another beverage. On the other hand may be they just eat on Sundays. Ha Ha

I do hope what I have been wondering is beneficial and not just meaningless. I will let you be the judge of it. I do know that I feel better on the days that I joke and smile then on the days I don’t. I know that I enjoy observing others who smile as long as I don’t be creepy about it. So go ahead and smile today. I hope you are happy too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment