Monday, March 14, 2016

Walk the Walk


In this day now I feel more and more it is important that we live a life of consistency. In other way of say it walk the walk.

None of us is perfect by any manner of thinking regardless what we think or want. There are many things I believe in however I don’t always live in the way I believe. If you are an athlete you know more than anyone it takes discipline to become better at your sport. Actually I can say that about a lot of other things as well.

We all have a talent in an area however we do not always live up to that talent if we are not willing to give to it. Other words talent can only get you so far. When you see someone who is at the top of their field you will find in most cases they have worked hard for it. You likely are one in a million if you get to the top of your field without working harder than anyone else.

I have seen athletes who have a lot of talent however they have squandered that talent by going on drugs or physical abuse. I believe those people have lost their way and did not work hard enough or know the destiny in front of them. One real sad story recently came to a sad ending. Lawrence Phillips who was a top running back at Nebraska and then played for the Los Angeles got on drugs, spent time in and out of jail recently killed another inmate and was sentence to life in prison. Instead of taking responsibility like he never did he committed suicide. He could have lived out the purpose and destiny of his life but went another direction. I am sure he had other talents then just running a football. I know that there are others like that in and out of sports.

Besides having the discipline to work hard is to have the faith in our talent. Without the faith we won’t measure up to our talent. I know that there are those who have risen up above their talent or circumstances. I know because I am one of those people. When I was four years old I could not hear right and I did not actually talk right until I was five years old. I am sure very few would even think I could write someday. You see I also struggled with my reading until I was in tenth grade. Going into tenth grade I was at a fifth grade reading level so during the summer before I spent three weeks learning speed reading. I was the only student in the class or now you would say the teacher was my tutor. Not only had he taught me speed reading he would test me on the comprehension of what I was reading. So when I completed the three weeks of speed reading I went from the fifth grade reading level to twelfth grade. I had the talent though I didn’t realize it and the circumstances kept me behind however I desire and discipline along with the faith to rise up to be a good reader. I don’t read as much as a lot of people however I could if I wanted to but I have many things to do.

I am sure we have missed out on something because of the circumstance however now we should look to go above it all. So whatever it is walk the walk. I am sure you will be happier and others will to because they will benefit from your purpose and destiny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment