Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Welcome March


I have to say that March has started out with a bang here in Western Washington. March 1 the weather started out with a lot of rain along with heavy winds throughout the day. Fortunately the electricity has stayed on so far. The weather reminded me a lot of what we usually get in November except the temperatures being a little warmer.

The weather can change any moment and be different depending where you are. Looking out in the sound there were whitecaps and we must be careful driving especially over the bridges. Since I have been driving over the bridges for many years I pretty comfortable in doing so though often on a day like March 1 you have to slow down some especially with large trucks. The experiences that I have had in the past with trucks being run off the road on several occasions I now stay away from them. Either I stay ahead of them or behind them. If I see one coming up while looking in the rearview mirror I speed up or move over in another lane depending if I can or not. I no longer want to get run off the road again. Also, if it raining really hard they will splash more rain on the windshield which makes it more difficult and hard to see that can cause an accident. I am sure many people are accustomed to see this happening driving a lot.

Another thing we have to watch for around here is trees falling when it is really windy. Usually it is only the branches that come down however I have seen whole trees fall on houses before. I remember a friend some time back had a tree land in the middle of his house with his family during the night. They had to move out for a while during the house was being renovated. In another occasion the apartment building I live in a very large tree damaged and took out the apartment room along with the carport next to us. It was fortunate the people living next door were not home at the time and neither were we. No damage occurred to our apartment unit. Often I have heard on the news where people have died in such wind storms.

This winter the temperatures have been above normal mostly in the fifties and sixties along with a lot of rain. The mountains have a lot more snow this year than in the past couple years however the last couple weeks it has been raining too. Thankfully we do not have to worry about a drought like last year.

 

I expect though that March will a lot of rain this year unlike last year when it was sunny most of the month. What makes the weather unusual like I said earlier we can have rain, hail and sun all in the same day. Though the weather can be crazy in March it still is not a bad month to come for a visit. Anyway thank you March for starting out like a bang. We look forward to how things go the rest of the month. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment