Thursday, March 3, 2016

Happy Birthday Leslie!



 
If you wonder who Leslie is she is my niece. Actually she is the only niece that I have while having five nephews. She has three younger brothers and two cousins. She is the daughter of my brother Jack and my sister Barb has two boys.

Leslie is one of the sweetest girls or I can say now woman who I have ever known. I am probably prejudiced because she is my niece however I believe it is true anyway. She is very kind and gets along with people. She is currently teaches eighth grade English in Virginia very close to where my Jack and his wife Anne live. Sorry guys she is married to a young man Daniel who she met at Harvard University. They got married the same weekend that they graduated from college. Daniel went on to Lutheran seminary after they both taught English for two years in Seoul, Korea at an international high school. While Daniel was in seminary Leslie went to get her doctor’s degree in English Literature at University of Minnesota. While there she also taught at least one college class at the University as well. Right now she is taking a break to complete her doctor’s degree. Daniel graduated from Lutheran seminary which was in Minnesota as well and he currently is looking for a job as a pastor.

 Looking back as a young child she spent most of the time in Minneapolis, Minnesota so she was excited to return there after returning from Korea. Most of her school years before college though were spent in St. Louis, Missouri where she graduated at John Burroughs High School. The school is a very good private school which allowed her and brothers to go on to Harvard University. She was very little with her brother Robby well as father Jack and her mother Anne spent two years living in Germany before going to Minnesota. So you can she Leslie has spent a good amount of time living and traveling in other countries besides the United States.

Though I have not spent as much time with Leslie as I would like I have enjoyed every moment we have spent together. If I had a daughter I would like her to be as much like Leslie as possible. So you can see why she is special to me. I am sure everyone has nephews and nieces that they feel special to as though they are their own. Of course her brothers I love as well however Leslie being the only girl among the group is even more special. So again Leslie Happy birthday I think of you even more often then you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment