Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Funny Things Happen


We know there are times where funny things happen especially unexpected.

I have to admit most of them I don’t remember at this time however I do know they have happened numerous times. It could be the reason I don’t remember most of them right now.

Anyway I figure one that just happened on late Sunday afternoon. At least I think it was funny anyway though it felt uneasy to.

I was at church getting ready for our evening service that starts at 5 pm. I was being an usher that evening and our group came early for a meeting about security. One of the guys on the usher team is a police officer so explain to us what we can do or not do if someone comes to church or on the church property. The main purpose was how to protect ourselves or others. Anyway after meeting I decided go to my car because I realized I didn’t have my cell phone on me. Not a big deal however I wanted to see if I left it in my jacket in the car. The weather was really nice so I figured I didn’t need to where it. Anyway I went to my car not really paying close attention except watching for cars coming into the parking lot. So when I got to the car and unlocked it to get the jacket I heard two dogs start barking really loud. They startled me some and I was a little scared because I was not expecting the barking. I turned around both dogs being German shepherds and one of them barking really loud. He did seem to be a bit scary however I started laughing. I checked the jacket and found it was not there so I expected I left it home which I later found to be true. I returned to the church building knowing I had to tell someone which I did. I told the greeters at the doors. They enjoy a good laugh too.

When the church service was over and I was ready to go home I wondered if the dogs were still there or the owner had driven off. You see I had never seen these dogs before Sunday night. When I got to the car yes the dogs were there and the one especially barked really loud again. I am sure they did not like being tied up especially for a couple hours or so. I got into the car and took off for home.

I have had experiences with dogs before in trucks but nothing like this. I figure next Sunday I will have to see if they return once again. If so I will have to find out who the owner is.

I am sure you have stories like this because I think we all have. I know it certainly made my weekend for sure. Until next time be happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment