Sunday, May 29, 2016

Going Through Struggles





We all go through struggles time to time and if we know that there are others doing the same helps out.

This time of the year with summer coming up can feel depressing sometimes especially if you are single and your desire is to have a family like I do. This weekend celebrating Memorial Day can be one of those times even though the purpose is to remember those that fought for our country so we would be free. Though I am feeling depressed in a way I start thinking about the positive things going in my life. On Friday I had a coffee date with a woman I went to high school. We plan on meeting again as well. It doesn’t mean that we will get serious and have a serious relationship however it is a good place to be. I had not been on one of these in a while so a good being. This may allow me to stretch my wings out further.

My struggles do not happen all that often though certain times of the year or buttons that other people may push sends me that way. Most of the time the struggle happens first thing in the morning after getting up out of bed; actually I may still be in bed. Anyway I start thinking about other people who may be going through the same thing or even worse. The important thing I feel is to start fighting against the thoughts that come into my mind. Writing this here on the blog will help me too and I hope those of you that go through the same thing. Of course there is not a remedy though some people are given pills. I know that there are those that have conditions that lead to medical depression however I am not one of those kinds of people. For me it is more has to do with circumstances than anything. Also I have to meditate that I am OK.

Growing up I didn’t think of myself as being smart. In part because I had a hearing problem as a small child and when it was resolved still took time for me to learn how to read. Also I had two brothers who were smart however I have come to learn from talking with a few people including the one I had coffee with on Friday I was considered to a smart person. It is comforting to know although I struggled through childhood on how to read and learn English I was still being was thought of as smart. Most of them to remember my sense of humor as well; the important thing even when struggling in your life put a big smile on your face. I hope this helps us all and continue enjoying this weekend along with the summer coming up. Yeah!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment