Saturday, May 28, 2016

Being Me!




I have been pondering what to write today here. I don’t want to be too serious but help all of us out as well.

Like I have written before and I will continue to we have a purpose and a destiny. It does take some time to figure what our purpose and destiny is. If you haven’t figured it out yet there is a reason why we are on this planet besides having a good time or being miserable sometimes.

The most important thing is that we have to be ourselves. This has to do with our personality and character. I am one that enjoys having a good time and using humor as often as I can. Of course there are times to be serious and compassion as well. This all happens depending on the circumstances.

I believe that some people can take this whole purpose thing way too serious. As a Christian it is my duty to be a witness to those who do not believe. Some are called to foreign lands as their mission field while the rest of us where we live are our mission field. It is not that we may never go on a mission trip our home area is where we spend most of our time in. I know that some will make their purpose into a spiritual thing which is OK as long as you do not overdo it. This is really why I say we have to be ourselves.

Yesterday I had a coffee date with a gal I grew up with and I had not seen her since so a lot of years for sure. This was a time to get reacquainted and where life had taken us both. We not only talked about ourselves but news about other people we grew up and some who we may have kept in touch with. There were some who are no longer with us in this world too. She is not a Christian so I could have tried to talk to her about the Lord but I did not. She knows that I am a Christian by what I have posted on line. She just recently came on line with her kids giving her a smart phone. I could have tried to be this cool guy to impress her too however instead I was just me and she seemed to be the same being herself. She seemed to be different than what I remember which is fine and it has been a lot of years too.

I feel as a Christian it is for me to water and plant. For another Christian it maybe to do the harvesting; the most important thing is that the laborers are few so we all need to play our part. In the end it is truly God’s job to get things done and bring people to the knowledge of him. We are to be ourselves and do the best we can. I can’t tell you what to do but just be yourself and be ready when people come to you. Enjoy your time in the purpose you are called to and have a great time doing it. God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment