Thursday, May 12, 2016

Good Exercise




I am sure everyone believes all exercise is good so why more people not exercise than. The reason some people do not exercise is they don’t have the time or they don’t like exercising. I expect the main answer they don’t like to exercise. I know that there is a true way to get more people to exercise and that is good exercise. What I mean by this is that there are exercises people will enjoy doing besides being good for them.

An example of a good exercise that people can do and not think of it as exercising is walking or riding a bike. Both of these exercise allows you to get place to place. You can do either if you live close to where you work or grocery store. It may take a little extra time than what you are accustomed to but it feasible. I know someone who rides his bike to work a lot. Driving his car to work is faster for him however he enjoys riding his bike too though it takes about twice as long to get there. If you ride a bus too work than a bike is a good alternative. Depending on the distance too work you can ride the bus and take the bike with you. At some point you can get off the bus and ride or ride for a distance before getting onto the bus.

Grocery shopping is a good way to get some exercise. I have two approaches on how to get a little exercise from shopping. First approach is to park some distance from the grocery store in the shopping center. It doesn’t take a lot of extra time however gives you more time to walk. If you are buying a lot of groceries this is probably not a good approach however you can walk a little extra in the store. On the days I go into the grocery and I haven’t had the time to walk like I usually do I go down as many aisles as I can. I may spend five or ten minutes doing so which isn’t a lot however it is more than I would have done otherwise. I do the same thing when I go to the coffee shop I park some distance. One of the shopping centers the grocery store and the pharmacy are on opposite sides so I park near one of them and walk the distance to the other. Another example that it will not take a lot of extra time however I am still get a little of exercise without really thinking I am doing so. If you are doing several errands a day this is a good way of getting some exercise.

One of the guys in the coffee shop I see in the morning his wife walks about ten miles a day which includes doing errands. If she is grocery shopping than she walks from their home and then goes to the store by the coffee shop. She buys the groceries puts them in his car for him to take home and goes on her way to her next destination. She carries a pack on her pack sometimes with books that she takes back to the library and getting other books. It is amazing the places I see her at times driving around town or when I am out walking myself.

Another exercise you can do is go swimming. My apartment complex the swimming pool is now open so yesterday I went swimming. I did it for relaxation as well as the exercise. A good way to get more exercise I figure. My brother goes swimming every day at a local pool to get some exercise. I am sure he is good at swimming or at least better than me. His pool likely is bigger than the one at my apartment complex. Other things like playing tennis or basketball are good exercises that you can do because you enjoy them. For me this is what I call good exercise those things you can do because you enjoy them at the same time. I am sure a lot of people quit exercising because they don’t like what they are doing so try something that you actually enjoy doing. Remember when you were a kid and you did things all the time. You got a lot of exercise out of them without thinking of them as exercise. I am sure there are other things you can do as well. Use your imagination to find out what they are. Exercise without thinking of it as exercise. You have a good time and staying fit too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment