Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Beautiful May


So far this month the weather has been really nice here in Western Washington. The temperatures have varied between the mid 60’s and 80 however the sun has been out most of the time which is very nice.

I believe there is no place on face of the earth that is more beautiful when the sun is shining. Of course we can only guarantee it during the summer however spring sometimes has great weather too. What I like is that it does not get too hot most of the year. Once in a while we may hit 90 but that doesn’t happen too often.

Because of my fair skin I go around with a cap on almost all the time regardless the time of the year. It protects me when it hot and helps me out when it is raining too. Growing up my mother always made sure I had a shirt on all the time and wear sun screen during the summer. I found it to be frustrating at the time however I now am thankful she did that and I don’t have to worry about skin cancer. I hope anyway.

This morning I was able to see Mt. Rainier outside the window. There is nothing more beautiful to see first thing in the morning. I miss it when the clouds are out and the mountain is covered but very magnificent most of the time. I get amazed that it takes two hours to drive to the mountain where you can look so close to it. We are so blessed to have a beautiful site to see every day.

 There are so many different activities you can do around here when the weather is like this. I enjoy going for walks along with hanging outside at the coffee shops. My favorite activity is to talk with people. I call it the least expensive way for entertainment. Along with talking with people I enjoy seeing small children. On Monday a young girl about three years old while mother and grandmother were getting a drink she decided to play hide n seek with me. Love it a whole lot. I hope to see her again soon.

My nephew Connor and his girlfriend are coming to town soon from Quebec so it will be good to out and do some things. Not sure how long they will be around but it will be a good time. Along with my mother we likely go out for dinner at one of the local restaurant that serves seafood and has a great view. It is located at the end of the harbor so you can see most of Gig Harbor. I hope that there will be people out kayaking or sailing. When visiting here you can rent a boat or a kayak.

Another great activity is taking a ride on a ferry to Seattle from Bremerton. On the way to catching the ferry in Bremerton you can view Navy ships in the bay. There are other places in the area you can take ferry rides as well. This is a good time of the year to do so before kids get out of school. During the summer you can wait a while to get on a ferry if you plan to take a car. In fact I recommend going on as a passenger.

Going to Seattle on a nice day is a great way to spend the time. The ferry ride lets you off on the waterfront and Pike Place Market is pretty close by. Also you can take a taxi to the Space Needle. The cost is about the same as paying for parking and is inexpensive if there are three of you in the car. This is something I have done with family in town. The Space Needle is not far from the waterfront. The view from top is fantastic too; another way to see Mt. Rainier to the south and see the San Juan Islands to the north.

Has been a couple years since last saw Connor so it will be real nice to catch up with him and to get know his girlfriend. He loves the NFL to so we will talk a little Seahawks as well. Most of my family I will be seeing in August in St. Louis, Missouri however Connor is not going to make it so this will be our only chance to see him this year. I will let you know how the visit goes when they come.

In the meantime I will be looking at other activities to do during the month of May. I am sure we will get some rain however it will not be like what we are used to during the winter. Another thing is everyone has so much joy when the weather is like this. Having rain for a while people get so depressed around here. I try myself to keep an even keel. I hope you know what I mean by saying that. I try to be more up than down in my attitude. Where ever you are enjoy May.

No comments:

Post a Comment