Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Good Times


Here in the United States many of us blessed to having a lot more than in so many other countries. We complain to some degree but even those who are poor are richer than over half of the world.

Here in Western Washington we do have some people who are starving and in nearby Tacoma about three thousand kids go to school without eating. It seems like a high number though many other places across the world it is a small number. The government helps support these children with lunch programs in the school however I wonder how many get enough food on a given day. It could be the only meal they get during the day.

The church I belong to we not only help the local food banks we support a church ministry that works in the country of Malawi which may be the poorest country in the world. We help feed the children who through the program are getting the only chance to eat each day. I have seen pictures of these children as well as video where I see so much joy from them. In my mind how much good times you have really is not depended on how much you have or don’t have however it does help if you have some things. I am sure most of the children in Malawi have a short life span.

Here in Western Washington is so much like the rest of the world where you have those with plenty and those with little. When I was growing up the middle class was the largest part of the population however now the middle class has shrunk so much it is hard to recognize them at all. Here in Gig Harbor we have more of a middle class because we are in an area where there is a lot more wealth than most places. We do have poor people along with a lot of rich people but middle class in recognizable. You would not say the same for Seattle or Tacoma where there is a lot of poor people along with the rich. The standard of living has increased because of growing companies related to the internet like Microsoft and Amazon. I have been blessed though because I have never had to go hungry.  I am far from being rich that is for sure. In fact I am more on the line of being poor in the United States that is but I can get things that I like. I would never be able to get a fancy car or boat that is for sure however they have never been something that I have cherished. I have other things that I enjoy having instead.

I have never been married or any children which is what I would want more than anything however I do have a great family and good friends so outside marriage and children I have to say that I enjoy the good times. I hope to be married in the near future but likely children are out at my age however I hope to enjoy her children if she has any. In the meantime I will enjoy those I know their children and grandchildren.  When I go to grocery store and coffee shop I get to see children some times. I have to say those who have children in my mind it is like winning the lottery.  I feel sad for the couples who have not been able to have children of their own however I do know some who have gone out and adopted. I believe there is nothing better than loving others. So enjoy the good times in whatever manner you can. You will be blessed as well as others.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment