Monday, June 27, 2016

Love Is A Great Gift


The great weapon God has given us against evil besides himself is Love. The problem we have being humans is what is truly love and what might be more described as lust.

I know that there will be those who will disagree with me what is love and what is lust. So I am not going to debate about it because then I am not showing love like I should. However true love we must speak in truth as well.

When we have love ones like family and friends and we know they are doing something wrong than we must speak truth into their lives even if we are taking the risk that they may hate us or leave us; if we don’t want to hurt their feelings than are we truly loving them. I know that if I am doing something wrong and I am told the truth I may be upset for a short time but they are probably telling me what I already know.

The difference between love and lust can be hard to be identified. You may identify lust as love but I believe that lust won’t last while love will. Also you may begin with lusting after someone that may turn into love over time. It may not be anyone else’s opinion besides mine but I believe that many young people get married because they think that they are in love while they are really in lust. The marriage doesn’t last long because of lust though may think in their minds that they fell out of love. It is possible that love was part of the equation as well but we must realize that though we love someone that at times things will be difficult and they leave that person thinking love has ended. This could be true however love is more than a feeling it is something we have decided to do. We choose to love or not to love.

Regardless whether we fall in love or out of love I still believe it is the greatest gift we have been given by God. Like I began with love is the greatest weapon we have to fight against evil. We can decide that love will overcome whatever obstacles come our way. If you are in a place where you are looking at ending a relationship whether it is in marriage or not think it over very carefully before you take the next step that you may regret in the end. I have never been in very many relationships but I do know that for me love is the most important gift in my life. I am fortunate to have family and friends who love me like I love them. For me love is greater than winning the lottery however love is between two people so no matter what we think the other person has a choice too. Besides loving the person in the relationship is sure to listen to them and let them know you are doing so by your actions. There is more to it than saying the words.  Anyway take the weapon of love and us it to your advantage. Also spread love all around you even to those who may not return the love to you. God Bless You in love!  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment