Thursday, June 16, 2016

New and Old Come Together

                     Mom and I outside old  Cutter's Point Coffee Shop Flagship Store  Oct 2015


                        Opening of the new Cutter's Point Coffee Shop Flagship Store June 15 2016



On Wednesday June 15 my favorite coffee shop Cutter’s Point Flagship store in Gig Harbor re-opened with remodel and new addition along with a grand opening. Cutter’s Point enlarged by taking over the hair salon next door that moved in where Baskin and Robbins had vacated a couple years early in the Olympic Village Shopping Center.

They not only have a little more than doubled the space they had when closed down for six weeks to make it into a brand new store they have a new look as well. Though it is new it has an old style look to it and they have expanded their menu along with adding a fire place as well. With the new added space a great place for people to hang out with their friends. Besides great tasting coffee the customer’s service of their baristas no place else matches.

The wood beams they have around the store remind me so much of the beam my father put in our house when he changed it from a cabin into a house when I was a small child. My father found the beam out in Commencement Bay outside of Gig Harbor. He hauled it back into the harbor and into the house. Dad thought it was the greatest thing. Also the wall behind where the baristas make the coffee looks like old brick. In fact Harbor Ridge Middle School (known as Goodman when I went there) has the same look in the cafeteria and was left when the school was remodeled. Just like I say the new and old come together.   

Cutter’s Point has three other locations not far from the flagship store. They have one in Uptown Shopping Center along with a drive thru at Chevron Station on the corner of Pt. Fosdick and Olympic Drive. When Main and Vine opened up in February (still under the same ownership but the name change from QFC) a kiosk in the store; they also plan to build another store in the newer area called North Gig Harbor. They have shops in Port Orchard, Tacoma and Lacey Washington to name a few spots.

I look forward to going there on a daily basis while visiting the other Gig Harbor locations once in a while. I was able to get some gifts they gave away to the first one hundred and fifty people visiting when they opened at 7 am. There normal hours though is 5 am till 8 pm Monday thru Saturday. They open a little later and close an hour earlier on Sunday.

I met a lady Leslie Wednesday morning by the fire place which will be really nice during the winter. Meeting Leslie I found that she lives in my old neighborhood of east Gig Harbor. So here is the old and new coming together again. She lives right next door to where my best friend Gary lived while we growing up. Also she knows several people that I grew up with. I am sure even more than whom we talked about even. So now I have a new friend and she has invited me to see her new studio. You see she is a graphic designer and the studio is almost right across the harbor from my old house. What a day indeed.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment