Thursday, June 9, 2016

Yes I Can


Growing up for many of us who were not among the popular kids would be discouraged because other kids would tell you that you can’t do something. I have to say that I was lucky to be somewhere in the middle though on the lower side in things.

As children we find out that other children are not very kind a lot of the time. This even applied to those who were not so popular either. Though the popular kids would get on your case so did the rest of them. We all wanted to be liked so anytime someone was made fun of or pushed around everyone seemed to laugh about it. I wonder if parents realized how their children acted at school or just did not care. Let kids be kids.

Since this all happens and we are told over and over again that you can’t do this or that you have the idea this is really true. Older you get it sticks in your mind. Junior high is probably the age it really becomes true. I am sure most of us remember those days. I had to deal with bullies though ninth grade was the hardest for me. I still have memories about those times though I do not feel that way often anymore. I believe though in mind that I have to say over and over again yes I can. Whatever anyone else can do so can I.

I remember in elementary school I did not really want go to school very often. When I got sick I made sure to stay home a few extra days even though I was feeling better. I could not believe some kids would be out of school being sick for one day. Going to lunch and recess were the favorite times of the day though sometimes they were not always fun either.  I remember though enjoying square dancing where I could dance with the pretty girls. It was the only time I was not scared to talk with them. Otherwise I was real nervous. This would depend on the girl though because there were a few that I enjoyed talking too. I am not sure why it could be they were friendly and enjoyed my company though I did not realize it at the time.

Truly to be the people we are meant to be is continuing ourselves yes I can. This does not matter what the circumstances are. We are champions and people of destiny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment