Saturday, July 16, 2016

Always Good to Have Summer Around




 The last couple days the weather seems more like summer than July has so far. A lot of days have been more like spring and fall with cloudy days but when I was a kid I would have cared less. I know some kids like to be in school but I wasn’t really one of them. Summer could have lasted a lot longer far as I was concerned.

You see school and I just did not mix. I had trouble in school for several different reasons. I am sure that I am not the only one. Being around the other kids was the hardest part of it though but I had trouble with English especially because of my problem with hearing when I was a small child.

I can look back now and I believe that most of the other kids were special to me though I always did not realize it. Gig Harbor when I was growing up had one high school and junior high school with three or four elementary schools. Other than those who moved into the area most of the kids I went to school from seventh grade through twelfth. Though there were some kids that moved away most of those I was in elementary school I went all the way through school. There were about a half dozen or so that I was in kindergarten with I graduated from high school. Along with those I was in class in first grade they are still the most special ones I will always remember. Though there were some tough times in school they help make me who I am today and I think the same thing for them.

Anyway I believe that summer is a very special time of the year where you spend more time with your family and go traveling to visit relatives along with summer camp. I am sure if I went back in time the summer time would be the best.

I am sure the kids that enjoyed school enjoyed summer as much as I did though they liked it when school resumed in September.  Oh would it be nice if life could always be summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment