Friday, July 15, 2016

A Cold Morning


Thursday morning I went for my normal walk around the Gig Harbor waterfront. The difference for July this time the sun was out. Most years the sun is usually out by July 5 if not before. Really has made this year an unusual one. We have had a lot of days where the temperatures been warmer than usual and now this year we wonder where summer has gone.

Though the sun was out this morning I could feel the wind to so it was a bit cool. I did not care that much except in the beginning because I get warm before I finish walking. After a few minutes I was fine with the cool breeze.

I have wondered going walking at 6 am is too early and whether I should wait until 7 am instead. This would allow me not to feel so tired later in the day. What I may do is still walk most days at 6 am and walk a couple days at 7 am.  Since Saturday is the weekend 7 am is very likely to walk on that day. Sunday I can’t walk later unless I decide to make it 6:30. There is a good possibility I may make a week day an hour later except Wednesday where I have to keep the schedule the same. Doing no change at all could be when I get used to the time. It is important to keep everything on the same time schedule besides there are a lot of pretty gals out walking or running at 6 am. I do have to remember my priorities you know.

I do have a walking partner sort of. The thing though she doesn’t show up a lot but since I am a gentlemen it is probably a good idea to stay same time although we don’t walk on the weekends together so that is a whole different story.

Most mornings I just hello to the other ones who out and about however this morning I asked one gal who is out running with her dog how far she runs every day. At this point she had finished running and was walking her dog. She said that she runs four miles a day around the waterfront. Each direction around the waterfront is two miles. You can actually go further through my old neighborhood and to the end of the spit however she was talking about the waterfront within the city limits. Whatever the case it is a good run for her and the run that I see most of the runners do. I probably walk more like two and half miles or sometimes three miles. This is more because the amount of time that I walk. I try to walk about forty minutes a day.

Friday morning they expect to be back to the weather has been this month and that is overcast in the morning with a slight chance of rain. This something I am used to except during the summer. I look forward to seeing the usual walkers and runners again.

Like I promised I figured to show more pictures and they will be below so you see more of my home town and yes have a wonderful weekend.
 
 


                                                  A calm morning looking over the Harbor


 
Looking up from the waterfront at some newer homes
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment