Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Be Giving




Ever since we were young children the natural thing for us is to take whatever we want. The most common word for a small child is no whenever they don’t get what they want. The parents have to try to get that word out of their vocabulary. I still hear it today and I am sure that I used that word a lot myself.

Many leaders today still believe that for them or their businesses they have to selfish. I always felt those who were in management over me that acted in a selfish manner gave me stress. Actually the most successful businesses are the ones that come from the opposite approach where customer service is the most important part of their business and they treat their employees with high respect along with paying them a good salary. The coffee shop I go to everyday treat their customers with high regard. If they feel that the drink or food is not up to their standard they will replace it without a question. They will do even if the customer says that they don’t have to. The employees always have a smile on their faces as well and I see them working hard all the time. They give even when people are not looking. The employer and the manager are always treating their employees with respect as well. They explain without being harsh when the employee is doing something wrong. The coffee shop is the reason I go there and I am sure the same for almost everyone who goes to it. Though they have the idea of serving the best coffee it is the service that is the highest.

Whether you are in business or a person dealing with others it is important to be a giver; like I say not the easiest thing to do because our natural way is to be selfish.

Since we are called for a purpose and a destiny we can’t be selfish and be more of a giver. There are times where we have to be selfish but that is rare as far as I am concerned. We have to assert ourselves when others try to take advantage of us. We have to be wise though because there are times we have to let others have their ways but it is not true in all circumstances. This is especially true when they are being quite selfish in their regard. I would say this would be when we have to look at the better good. There are times for us to look the other way or turn the other cheek. Wisdom will give us the idea what we must do. I first would go with experience and caution. I would then ask those who we have relationship with and have high regard. It is not that they have all the answers but help us to the answers we are looking for. True champions give more than receive. In the end you will receive as much as you give away however not the reason you are doing so.  


No comments:

Post a Comment