Sunday, July 17, 2016

Enjoy in Fun of Writing





The more and more I write this blog I enjoy and having fun in writing. Right now it is 2 am Sunday morning and I find myself not able to sleep. I believe it is because I am excited in writing and so sleep right now is down the list of importance. I believe after I finish writing this I should be able to get right back to sleep. If not that is how it is and I will get sleep at some point.

I do really enjoy writing about life along with encouragement and purpose. Giving all of us a purpose especially when it comes to hope; I believe at some point we all need hope whether it is early in the morning like it is where I am or sometime during the day or week.

The thing about writing it is just one type or expression of art. Some people can get into painting, photography or acting. Each has an expression to be used. When I was in my thirties the church I was attending at the time decided they would help support one of the men in the congregation in his love of acting. He enjoyed directing and what put on a play so the church helped financially in putting this play on. The pastor and those on the eldership felt it was a good way to get people come to church that would not come any other fashion except to see a play. So in the announcements on a Sunday they announced that there were going to be tryouts for a play and any interesting parties who want to act or help in the production to show up at a particular time. At that time they would explain the play and the parts available. Also would announce the time for tryouts for each part in the play. So I decided to go for a tryout though I did not know if I had any acting skill and there was a possibility that I could be rejected. I had not been in a play since I was in junior high and I played a very small part in it. Actually in the end I did not perform in the play because I came down sick and missed school when the play happened. Anyway I found that in this church play I did not get the leading male role however I did get a role of a major character. I was not only surprised that I got the part but I was very good and successful in the part. I was told by so many people who saw the play how much they enjoyed my character though he was mean and not liked by many. The play was so successful that the church put on several more plays where I had roles in them too. In fact a couple of the plays I was asked to play the leading role however I was going to school at the time and I knew that I did not have the time to do the very best to play the roles so I declined though I did play a couple minor roles. So you see sometimes without trying we do not know how good we can be at something. I have to say for us to jump in the shallow end and start swimming. Who really knows we could end up being a great swimmer.

So my encouragement is for everyone to start writing even at small steps. Who knows what you are capable of? For instance you could write about bullfrogs or about a single word like special. In fact I figure to do a search and see if anyone has a blog or written about bullfrogs. I think it would be exciting and by the way you are special. We are all special in our own unique way. So if you needed to hear that one single word special go run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment