Thursday, July 28, 2016

Nothing Comes Easy!


 
Wednesday I did go to Seattle to visit my cousin who is in the hospital. She actually looked better than I thought she would. I wanted to talk with her but I found it not easy to do. Both because I was somewhat uncomfortable and she had a ventilator in her mouth most of the day. It was taken out in the mid-afternoon so she was able to talk a little. She didn’t want to see anyone or talk on the phone because of her voice and lack of strength which is understandable. Also did not want visitors unless family like me.

I really appreciate everyone who is praying for her. The Doctor says that her x-ray showed that she has improved and went over course of action what to do next. The medication did not allow her to fully understand so Thursday morning the Doctor will go over options once again. It is possible the next time I see her she maybe back home. The Doctor will make that decision in the next few days I expect.

Like I said it is not an easy experience to see a loved one in the hospital. Her husband and a sister were there at the same time. So I spent time comforting and encouraging without speaking many words. Just talked some about family and what is going in life.

We have a strong and close family so it is very tough when a family member is in a situation like this. She had some poor health in the recent past however had been doing well for a while so becoming sick was a surprise. The three of them had spent time together over the 4th of July weekend. She was doing quite well then so this came on very fast. We do hope especially with prayers that she recovers very soon so she can get back to her normal life.

I have said numerous times that family and friends are the most important people in our lives. We need to look after each other and give love as often as possible because we do not know how long the time can be for any of us. So when things do become tough and uneasy like right now this is when everyone has to gather together even more so. Again thank you for your prayers, many blessings and good health to you too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment