Sunday, July 10, 2016

Overcoming Loneliness


One area I have had to deal with puts me into depression once in a while is loneliness. It is something that I fight a lot against though not as much as I used to. I recognize the problem to so I know this is what I must do.

In our country where shootings are occurring loneliness seems to be part of the problem with the shooter. The loneliness drives them into more depression and into hatred as well. What I try so that I don’t get in a place where I become disillusioned is to spend time around other people. This is the reason that I go out and spend time at a coffee shop. What I especially like now is that in Gig Harbor they have live music playing on Friday and Saturday nights. The coffee shops are becoming the in places go to in Gig Harbor where people can meet others regardless if they are single or married.

The coffee shop I primarily attend has been remodeled and enlarged. I have seen people there that I never saw in the place before the remodeling. The place is twice as big as before and a lot of the time it is full. During the summer when it is not so cold people are able to be outside too. The need is so much that more restaurants and coffee shops are in planning stages. I am not sure how many we need in a small town like Gig Harbor however the need is being met.

The coffee shop not only allows you to get hot or cold drinks during the day but in the afternoon and evenings you can get a class of wine or beer along with sandwiches that you may have gotten in a restaurant before.

The coffee shops allow mothers to bring their children with them as well. Many of the grocery stores have coffee shops within them so that you can sit down for several minutes. Also husband and wives can go grocery shopping together with their children. When one parent is grocery shopping the other can relax with the kids.

So if you are one that has trouble with loneliness like I have experienced get out of your place that you spend a lot of time and meet others. I am not say it will be easy because I know that it is not easy for me either but an answer for us. The more we are around others the less chance that we become disillusioned like many. Remember you have something to offer other people even if you do not realize it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment