Monday, July 11, 2016

Recognizing Love


Over the recent months or years we have heard about shootings whether in Paris, Orlando and Dallas to name a few unfortunately. The Dallas shooting showed more than any other what happens when you have gone so disillusioned and hates other people especially of another color. The Dallas shooter who had been in the military became so overly hateful against white men especially police officers that he was willing to go out and kill as many as he could. I am sure he knew that his own life would end in the process but hate drove him so much that he did not care as long as white men died. He killed five policemen and injured another twelve along with having bombs to kill even more. His hate was so much that if some of his black brothers died in the process as well so be it. He did not mind to take out innocent blood besides the police officers that he considered guilty. The really sad part he is not alone and we will probably hear about more shootings in the future. We have to pray for our nation and the world that disillusioned men and women will be stopped. Whether these people will be considered just disillusioned, terrorists or radicals it is truly all the same with hate and evil in the world. I really wonder the change of laws or gun control would really change it all. Evil people will find a way to get it done whether by guns or bombs.

 On the other end can we recognize what love is? There are different kinds of love and sometimes what people may call love is not love at all. I am not really going to get into that however early Sunday morning I got a revelation you may call it or possibly impression Jesus Christ in the gospel John chapter 15 verse 13 Greater love has no one than this to lay down one’s life for one’s friend. We know that we love someone truly because we are willing to give our life if necessary for them. I am sure we know the people we would do that for and I add to it that the list grows in our lives every day.

We have heard in the shootings where policemen, teachers and others that we would call heroes gave their lives not only for one person but for many. We could say for the policeman or teacher they did it because of their duty however what about others who saved multiple lives by their actions. I say though the person saved they may not have known before that day they gave up their life for a friend. We can go back to nine-eleven where the heroes on the plane in Pennsylvania took down those who had made them hostages were able to disarm them but the crash cost the lives of everyone on that plane. We do not know how many lives they saved in the process however I do know they loved their fellow man though they knew that their lives were over anyway still did it anyway.

So whatever form love comes in the greatest love is what I want at all times to be willing to give up my life for my friends or those who I do not know at all but I consider them friends. I hope that does not come to happen where I am in such a situation but I am willing and I hope we all do with the love in our hearts.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment