Tuesday, July 26, 2016

More Pictures of My Home Town


Today I am showing more pictures of my home town of Gig Harbor that I took recently though the computer showed an earlier date.

Gig Harbor is larger now than it was when I was a kid. It will always be a small town though it is larger primarily because of a second Tacoma Narrows Bridge and more shopping centers that are giving additional grocery stores and restaurants.

Since the second bridge was built Gig Harbor have added stores like Target and Kohl’s where people can shop for clothing. Usually people had to go into Tacoma to shop for clothes especially for men. Many years women clothe stores were open to buy but not for men at all. Although houses are being built in Gig Harbor there are a lot more in the area that is called Gig Harbor. I have to say the population there is as much if not more than in Gig Harbor. Personally I would not want to live in that area because there is not water around it like in Gig Harbor and other surrounding areas. The housing there is a mixture for families and senior housing. Also shopping centers are being built to help out the population as well.

Wednesday I will be showing pictures that I took before in Seattle since I will be going to see my sick cousin. The good news is that she is doing better however she is not out of the woods yet. We really hope that she can stay around for a while longer. This would be for our sake as well as hers.

                                          Main street going along the waterfront

                                          Looking across the water to East Gig Harbor
                                         One of several public docks in the harbor


                            Below is a trolley where you  can by lunch and boat yard in the background

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment