Monday, July 25, 2016

When One Hurts Everyone Hurts




I have heard this quite a few times at church when one member hurts everyone hurts. Right this truer than I have felt this in some time. I have a cousin who I found out on Saturday that she is very sick and the chances are not good that she will recover. Other words she needs a lot of prayer and we hope that God in his mighty grace will heal her.

Right now she is in a hospital in Seattle and I plan to go see her on Wednesday. She is quite sedated right now so not sure whether she will be awake and be able to talk with me. I will be seeing her husband and two sisters as they spent a lot of the day with her. Regardless that I have a chance to talk with her directly or not I will be praying over her that God’s grace, mercy and healing powers will allow her to live longer.

I was real chocked up and tears when her sister told me that she said that she wanted to know how much she loved me. So you see as she hurts the rest of us close to her are hurting to. She is a part of us as we are a part of her. It is important that everyone knows that whether it is family or close friends that they are part of others that whenever anyone is hurting the whole group hurts. This is truly what it is all about.

If you are having issues with someone else in your family whatever the problem is I recommend that you go to them and reconcile with them. It does not really matter whose fault whether yours or there’s that you ask forgiveness. I am saying this to put a guilt trip on anyone however you are family and that you both are hurting. We do not know how long each of us will live on this earth. Our days are number so we must reconcile to bring back the relationship to wholeness. Remember that you are the big person to forgive first no matter who is at fault.  You do not want to feel bitterness and one day hear that they are no longer around.

I know that my life will not be the same if she is gone soon or she is healed to live out longer. Everyone right now in our family is hurting as she is hurting. I thank you for your prayers. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment